Friday, 10 November 2017

TransMission by Alex Bertie Book Review


Author: Alex Bertie
Rating: 3/5
Genre: YA, Educations, Biography
Release Date: Available to purchase now

"I'm not good at first impressions, but screw it: here we go. My name's Alex Bertie, I like pugs, doughnuts and retro video games. I have tattoos, I make YouTube videos and I sleep with  my socks on, I'm also Transgender. Yeah, that's usually the bit that throws people..."

With over 16 million views on his YouTube channel to his name, Alex Bertie's new book is set to be a heart-warming coming of age memoir. Alex has been documenting his transition on his YouTube Channel since 2010, Alex shares insights into is personal life and his journey through testosterone treatment to his relationship with his boyfriend Jake who is also a transgender YouTuber. 

Alex takes you through what it's been like during his transition, Alex was born Female and catergorised as a girl at birth and identified as female up until the age of 15. In his quest to become happy and comfortable in his body he takes you through every step of his transition from talking about his childhood, hormone treatments and sex. 

In this heart-warning memoir, Alex has included a letter he left his father, old photographs and an emotional chapter written by Alex's mother. TransMission is a truly heart-warming read from Alex, if you've followed his journey on YouTube you're definitely going to want to pick up a copy of this book, and don't forget, for anyone wondering, Trans Awareness Month is celebrated throughout November with International Transgender Day of Remembrance on the 20th November. 

B x 

*This post contains a PR sample.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Be My Anchor. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig