Thursday, 2 November 2017

Invictus by Ryan Graudin Book Review


Title: Invictus*
Author: Ryan Graudin
Genre: Sci-fi, Fantasy, YA
Rating: 3/5
Release Date: Available to purchase now 

'No amount of love in the world could make a person strong enough to watch this.'

I'm not going to lie, when I first started this book, I wasn't sure if I'd enjoy it or not and although in the end I did, one thing, I was a bit confused on some parts of the story. Invictus isn't a book I would've purchased myself as it's in the sci-fi genre but I was intrigued to see how everything was going to play out.

Faraway McCarthy becomes a Time Traveller after failing his exam, although Far's convinced that someone hacked into purposely make him fail, he takes up the offer from Lux to become a time traveller, all Lux wants is different items from various different years. With Far agreeing and being able to pick his team he picks to travel and go on adventures with his cousin: Imogen, his friend: Gram and his girlfriend: Priya. 

With everything going to plan, somethings bound to go wrong isn't it? If you answered yes, then grab yourself a cookie because you are correct! Everything goes downhill when Lux requests them to go back in time and collect the Rubaiyat. From the beginning of the mission things go wrong. The Time Machine doesn't take them to the correct date and time that they inputted into the system and things go from bad to worse when Far collides with a mysterious girl named Eliot. From the second he sees her, he's convinced that Far's met her before. Far is in a race against time and Eliot to retrieve the Rubaiyat before the iceburg hits. With Far convinced Eliot's up to no good he doesn't trust her but he has to go against what he feels in order to complete his mission. With Eliot eventually joining the team her and Far are battling against time to save everything, that's if Far wants to stop everything and everyone he's ever loved from disappearing forever. 

Invictus is perfect for fans of sci-fi reads and time traveller lovers. It actually does remind me of Dr Who and DC's Legends of Tomorrow, so if you love any of the above then definitely pick up a copy. 

B x 

*This post contains a PR sample.
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I`m not the biggest Sci-Fi fan, but so many people have compared this book to Doctor Who and Firefly. I definitely want to read it and see if I get the same vibes.

    Carmen / Carmen`s Reading Corner

    ReplyDelete

© Be My Anchor. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig