Friday, 16 December 2016

Christmas Cupcakes

Because it's so close to Christmas - EEEEEEK - I decided to pop up a little baking post of a few cupcakes I've made recently. I didn't actually use a full on cupcake recipe for 12 cakes for this post I used this one here for two cupcakes but I manged to make 3 and then re did the recipe again to make another 3 because I didn't want to have 12 cupcakes lying around going 'eat me, eat me'...

So here's what you'll need for these cute cakes!

Christmas Log Cupcakes


Ingredients: 
1 Egg White 
2 Tablespoons Granulated Sugar (I used Caster Sugar)
2 Tablespoons Butter 
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
1 1/2 tablespoons milk 
1/4 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder 
Icing Sugar
Water 
Flakes 
Silver Cupcake Cases

Instructions: 
1. Mix the butter and sugar together in an electric mixer until light and fluffy
2. Add in the Egg White, Flour, Baking Powder and Vanilla Extract and mix together until all combined
3. Add in a dash of milk just so the mixture is slightly more smooth
4. Spoon into cupcake cases and pop into the oven until golden brown on the top or until the skewer comes out clean. 
5. Leave cakes until completely cooled and make the Icing. 
6. For the Icing you'll need Icing Sugar and Water 
7. Pour some Icing Sugar into a bowl and add a tiny bit of water at a time, this is the best method for me as I find it goes too runny if too much water is added at once so I add a tiny bit at a time until I think the icing is thick enough
8. Spread onto the Cupcakes 
9. Break the flakes into halves and pop onto the middle of the cake, sprinkle with Icing Sugar to finish!

Marshmallow Snowmen Cupcakes
(Mine went a lil bit wrong but now he's a smirking melting snowman)

Ingredients: 
1 Egg White 
2 Tablespoons Granulated Sugar (I used Caster Sugar)
2 Tablespoons Butter 
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
1 1/2 tablespoons milk 
1/4 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder 
White Marshmallows 
Chocolate Piping Icing 
Silver Cupcake Case


Instructions: 
1. Mix the butter and sugar together in an electric mixer until light and fluffy
2. Add in the Egg White, Flour, Baking Powder and Vanilla Extract and mix together until all combined
3. Add in a dash of milk just so the mixture is slightly more smooth
4. Spoon into cupcake cases and pop into the oven until golden brown on the top or until the skewer comes out clean.
5. Leave cakes until completely cooled and make the Icing.
6. For the Icing you'll need Icing Sugar and Water
7. Pour some Icing Sugar into a bowl and add a tiny bit of water at a time, this is the best method for me as I find it goes too runny if too much water is added at once so I add a tiny bit at a time until I think the icing is thick enough
8. Spread onto the Cupcakes
9. Pop on a White marshmallow wherever you want the snowman to be and then just use a bit of brown or black icing and draw on the face!

B x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Be My Anchor. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig